Saturday, July 23, 2011

Getting Started (Pantry Staples)

One thing that I always make sure that I have are versatile ingredients in my cupboards and freezer.  Here is a list that will get you through alot of my recipes since most of them i just whip up without a recipe, writing the recipe as an afterthought.

Freezer:

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Turkey Burger
Black Bean Veggie Patties
Lean Pork Chops
Low-Sodium Bacon
Chicken Sausage (from Costco)
Green Beans
Peas
Corn
Prawns

(Note: feel free to use beef, I just gave it up about a year ago due to my blood-pressure, and I use pork sparingly)

Cupboards:

Jarred Spaghetti Sauce
Jarred Pesto Sauce (until I can get my own basil and do my own and then it's in the freezer...later recipe)
Jarred Alfredo Sauce
Canned Tomato
Canned Green Chiles
Brown Rice
Dried Pinto Beans
Dried Red Beans
Dried Black Beans
Caesar Dressing
Italian Dressing (many different kinds work great for marinades)
Lasagna Noodles
Rotini Pasta
Macaroni and Cheese
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Refried Beans
Taco Seasoning
Ramen Noodles
Chili Seasoning
Fajita Seasoning
Meatloaf Seasoning
General Tsao's Seasoning
Soy Sauce
Chili Paste
Onions
Potatoes

Fridge:

Challenge Tuscan Butter
Feta
Shredded Mexican Cheese
Shredded Italian Cheese
Cream Cheese
Tapatio
Salsa
Eggs
Salad Mix
Tomatoes
Sliced Mushrooms
Peppercinis
Flour Tortillas
Pepperoni
Salami
Spinach
And other assorted fresh veggies


I normally have these things on hand and in different combinations you can make hundreds of different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment